Now you can apply for a ration card online also. For this only people have to fill a form online and download some necessary documents. Know from here how to apply online for ration card and download e-ration card.
There are many benefits of having a ration card. Without this, you cannot even take advantage of the ration provided by the government. Now getting ration card has become much easier than before. For this you do not need to go to the government office.
People can apply online for ration card in Delhi and can also download e-Ration card. Ration card is one of the essential documents. It is proof of residence as well as citizenship. People who have ration cards get subsidies on the purchase of various items like wheat, rice, sugar and kerosene.
The Public Distribution System gives ration cards to the people. These are usually printed bullets. Till now not all states in India have switched to digital ration card. However, in a union territory like Delhi, people get the facility to apply for ration card online. If you also live in Delhi and you do not have a ration card, then worry. You can apply for ration card online immediately by the way mentioned in this article.
How many types of ration cards are there?
Before applying for a ration card, you should know that there are many types of ration cards. People who come below poverty line and their annual income is less than 10,000, they get BPL or Below Poverty Line Card. At the same time, people above the poverty line and having an annual income of more than Rs 10,000 get APL or Above Poverty Line Card. Apart from this, the third i.e. AAY or Antyodaya Anna Yojana card is available to those people who do not have a stable income source.
Who can apply for Ration Card?
Any person residing in India, who does not have a ration card or has not applied for it yet, can apply for a ration card online. For this, you must have Voter ID or PAN Card or Passport, Aadhaar Card or LPG connection or electricity bill, passport size photograph, mobile number and email ID. Know the complete process to download ration card online in Delhi.
Delhi Ration Card List 2020
To check the list, applicants do not have to visit the office of the government. They can visit the website and follow the procedure mentioned below to check the list of ration cards.
- Select the “e-Services” option provided on the menu bar.
- Click on “e-Ration card” link.
- Select the “Village list” tab.
- Check and select the respective district, Taluk, Gram Panchayat, Village and click on the “Go” button.
- The list of all the ration cards in the selected village will appear on your screen.
Delhi Ration Card Eligibility
|BPL||Ration card is given to people below the poverty line.|
|APL||Ration card is given to people who are above the poverty line and below the medium class.|
|AAY||This ration card is given under the Antyodaya Yojana and for people who are weaker than other class of people financially.|
|AY||People under the Annapurna Yojana are given this ration card and will be entitled to 10kg of rice every month at no cost. The person must be above the age of 65 and have no source of income.|
Documents Required to apply for Delhi Ration Card
To apply for an online or offline application for a ration card in Delhi, the applicant needs to submit the following documents:
- Passport size photo of each family member attested by a Gazette Officer
- Telephone Bill
- Bank Passbook
- Electricity Bills
- House rent receipt
How to Apply for a Delhi Ration Card?
Offline Application Procedure
Any person who is a citizen of Delhi and wishes to apply for the new ration card, the below-mentioned steps must be followed:
- The applicant will be required to visit the official website and then download the new ration card application form and take a print-out of the same.
- Once the print-out is taken, he or she must fill the application form with the required details.
- Applicants then need to submit the ration card application form with the required documents required for verification.
- Once the application is submitted, a reference number will be given which can be used to check the status of a new ration card.
Online Application Procedure
- Visit the official portal of the Department of Food, Delhi Government.
- Click on the Food Security section of the website and the application form can be seen on the screen.
- All the required details in the correct format and upload supportive documents by the applicant.
- After all the documents are uploaded and the application form is filled, click on submit.
- The ration card application number can be taken down and used to track the application status of the ration card.
How to Check Ration Card Status Online?
Applicants can check the status of their ration card application online by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer goods.
- Check the section of ‘Citizen’s Corner’ on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Track Food Security Application’ from the list of options.
- On clicking the option, various details must be given by the applicant such as:
- Aadhaar number
- New ration card number
- NFS application ID and Online Citizen ID
- Old ration card number
How to Download Delhi Ration Card?
To download the e-ration card from the website, the steps you need to follow are:
- Visit the official website of the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Delhi Government.
- Check the section of “Citizen Corner” section on the homepage.
- Click on the generate e-card option.
- Enter the details required such as ration card number, the Aadhaar number of head of the family/NFS ID, Head of the family, Date of Birth of head of the family, and the registered mobile number given at the time of registration.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- Once done, the e-ration card will be displayed on the screen and can be downloaded by clicking on the ‘download’ option.
How to Make any Corrections on the Delhi Ration Card?
In the case of any changes which need to be made on your ration card, the applicant must raise a complaint on the website. The procedure which needs to be followed is:
- Visit the official website of the department.
- Click on the grievance section on the homepage.
- Fill details such as the name of the village, grievance category, applicant address, applicant email ID, Panchayat name, etc.
- Once done, describe the issue in the comment section and attach the relevant documents.
- Click on ‘register’.
- The complaint number will be sent to you which can be used to track the status of your complaint.
What is the time required for creating of new ration card?
After submitting the application form with all supporting documentation which can be done either offline or online, the new ration card will be issued within 15 days after the successful verification of the documents.
What are the documents required for a ration card?
The documents required to apply for a new Delhi ration card:-
- Pan Card
- Passport Size Photograph
- Aadhar Card
What is the official website of the Department of Food, Delhi Government to apply for the Delhi Ration Card?
In order to apply for the ration card, the applicant needs to open the official website i.e. www.nfs.delhi.gov.in to download the application form.
If anyone does not hold a Delhi ration card, then he/she is liable to get subsidized food?
The Government of Delhi has announced a particular scheme to provide subsidized food grains and essentials commodities for the people of the city who do not hold a ration card.