Many people have complained that they are facing problem like Wyze App not working on your iOS or Android mobile. If you are also facing problem in this application like connecting to server, login page not loading, camera or notifications and playback not working. Then this post is for you. Because in this article we will also tell you how to fix these issues.
Wyze app not working
If you do not know aboIf you do not know about the Wyze app, then let us tell you that Wyze offers a great deal of products related to Smart Home and Home Automation. Their tools are focused on providing both safety and convenience. They provide monitoring systems that are accessible at all times. By using these smart devices, the user can ensure that both his family and his home are safe at all times. Even when you are away from your home, the cameras inform you of every movement inside your home. You can also capture live footage from these cameras at any time. You will also get live notifications when you use the installed app on your phone. So let us now dive towards the solution of Wyze app not working.
Why is my Wyze app not working on iPhone or Android?
Wyze is a necessary and must-have application if you are using any of the Wyze smart home devices like Wyze Cam Outdoor, Wyze Cam pan, or Wyze Cam Doorbell.
Using this application you can not only monitor but have complete control over your smart home.
Here is the list of features that this Smart home management application offers you:
- Easily shop, set up, view and interact with Wyze smarthome devices.
- Monitor your smart home directly from your Android/iOS Smartphone.
- Set up the home automation like auto-unlock your front door for you, auto adjust room temprature.
- You can easily set up routine so for task so your home certain chores automatically following the que.
- Link you Wyze devices with Amazon Alexa or Google Home. It not only support these vertual assistant but also recommneded to have complete smart home experiance.
Is Wyze down today?
When Wyze down, the app may not only not work for you but other users as well.
So if this app is not working properly on your phone, the first thing you should do is check if the Wyze server is down today.
You can check the server status of any Application or Website by visiting sites like Downdetector.
Also, you can head over to Wyze’s official Twitter page: https://twitter.com/WyzeCam to know more about outages and the expected time when the issue will be fixed.
Problem connecting to the server
An error like Wyze Problem connecting to the server appears either due to an error in servers or a Problem in your internet network.
The first thing you have to do is check your internet connection.
Make sure that you are getting the proper speed.
You can also reboot your phone and see if that fixed the issue.
But, in case of server down, server maintenance, or bug you have to wait till the problem is fixed by developers.
Wyze Camera app not working
One of the primary functions of this application is to monitor, access, and control the Wyze Cam pan.
However, due to reasons like network connection, Incompatible settings this app may not work for you as expected.
If you are having issues like the camera is not connecting to the network, You can follow this troubleshooting guide to fix the issue:
- Unfortunately Wyze Cam and other smart home device support only 2.4 GHz network. So if you are using 5Ghz in WiFi just change it to 2.4GHz , You can easily switch it on your phone’s Hotspot settings. Now forget all of your networks setting and try connecting again.
- If that doesn’t works for yu your can power cycle you Wyze Cam by unplugging from power outlet and reconnect after 10 to 20 seconds.
- Sometime the issue is not with not your network connection but app itshelf. In that’s the case – Force close the Wyze app, then open it again.
Sometimes following all processes would not work for some users.
If you are still having trouble you can follow this Advanced troubleshooting guide.
Wyze app notifications not working
Wyze app sends you alerts and notifications if you are connected to the system and network.
But for some reason if you are not getting notifications when sensors are triggered, Here is the step-by-step troubleshooting guide that will help to fix the issue:
- First you have to check taht you are connected to system and its stable.
- If your system is not connected you would see the offline icon on home screen.
- Next step would be to check if you not accidently muted notifications on yoru phone.
- ON your Mobile phone tap on setting and than Notifications. Choose Wyze app from the list of apps.
- Now you would be able to see notifications settings. Turn the Allow Notifications toggle on if toggle is off.
Wyze app playback not working
View playback feature allows you to play clips recorded by your cam.
You can access any available clip by this mobile application.
However some users are having problems like View Playback throwing errors like No video selected at this time, Video not available or simply the app is crashing while trying to look for the video.
This is not inherently a bug in the app but more like an issue with your phone itself.
Fortunately, you can easily fix the Wyze app playback not working error.
Here is what you need to do:
- First, go to setting > advanced setting > and make sure that “record to micro sd card is checked”.
- Make sure that you have provided sufficiant storage permission when this app asked for it. You can also recheck allowed permission by tapping on app icon and choosing app settings.
- If its still not fixed then you can try clearing out cache and app history, reboot your phone and check if you would be able to view playback.
Wyze Login screen is not loading
This kind of issue appear usually because of a Weak internet connection or server-related issue.
If the Wyze servers are down, there is not much any user can do except waiting.
However, if this kind of issue risen due to your network then you can fix the loading problem.
So when the Wyze login screen is not loading or in some cases screen is stuck on the logo splash screen, Here is what you can do to fix the problem.
- First try to reboot your phone. This will refresh the app as well as your network connection.
- If Reboot don’t fix the issue you can try switching the internet network to WiFI or Mobile connection.
if not then you can submit the support ticket on the official customer support website: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
How To Fix Wyze App Not Working?
In order to have full control over the Wyze devices, you will have to install Wyze app in your smartphone. The problem is that most users are experiencing issues with their apps. According to them, their Wyze app is not working at all.
In case you are facing a similar problem with your Wyze app, then you have to perform a series of troubleshooting steps. Using this article, we will be listing all of these troubleshooting steps so that you can finally get rid of this problem.
- Reinstall the App
Reinstalling the app can prove to fix a lot of app related problems. This is why we suggest you reinstall the app. Start by completely removing or uninstalling the app from your smartphone. Once you remove the application, try restarting your phone.
Afterward, try downloading and installing the latest version of the app. Alternatively, you can also try deleting/clearing the cache and data files of the app. Just keep in mind that you will have to go through the setup of the app again.
- Make Sure You Are Connected to A 2.4GHz Network
Checking which network, you are connected to should be the next thing that you should probably check. Nowadays, most network use 5GHz as it is a much newer and faster technology. However, the problem with it is that most apps and devices just don’t support it properly.
This is why we recommend switching back to 2.4GHz in case you are using 5GHz Wi-Fi network. To swap your network, all you have to do is to go to your router’s Wi-Fi settings.
- Try Using Another Device
There’s a chance that your device could be the reason why the app is not working. This is why we suggest using another smartphone just to check whether the issue persists or not. It could be that your phone has a very old OS installed, or simply does not properly support the app.
- Contact Support
The final reason for this issue could be that the Wyze’s servers are currently down. Anyhow, you may want to contact customer support in order to know exactly what’s wrong and why you are facing such an issue.
The Bottom Line
Is your Wyze app not working? It’s a pretty common issue which can be fixed by applying the 4 steps mentioned above. Be sure to follow them all.
How to fix Wyze iOS/Android app not working?
Follow the troubleshooting steps according to the error codes being displayed on your screen.
How to use Wyze Cam app?
The process of using the Wyze Cam app is simple and straightforward. You just have to download the application from the app store and connect with your setup. Once you are connected, you can access, control and monitor directly from your phone.
When Wyze outage will be fixed?
You can learn more about server outages by contacting the developers via mail: [email protected]e.com or via Twitter: @WyzeCam.
Hope you will be satisfied with this article. Don’t forget to bookmark our page if you want to read more Tech. updates and Games news