Delete Gmail Search History, How to Delete Gmail Search History, then read furthermore. Google Gmail is a free email service offered by Google. It had 1.5 billion active users globally as of 2019. Gmail is generally accessed using a web browser or the official mobile app. Google also supports email clients that use the POP and IMAP protocols. To know more about Delete Gmail Search History, How to Delete Gmail Search History then read this article given below.
Delete Gmail Search History
Google Gmail is a free email service offered by Google. It had 1.5 billion active users globally as of 2019. Gmail is generally accessed using a web browser or the official mobile app. Google also supports email clients that use the POP and IMAP protocols. Gmail, created by Google, is one of the most popular email systems in the world. Most of us utilize it on a daily basis. Now, if you use Gmail, you should be aware that Gmail search maintains records of prior inbox searches. As a result, anytime you try to find a message using the search box, Gmail will auto-fill the search phrase after you input a few characters. However, over time, these searches might accumulate, making it harder to locate the email you want. The good news is that you may remove the search terms from the past so that the previous phrases no longer auto-populate. To know how to delete search history on Gmail read furthermore.
How to Delete Gmail Search History?
There are several methods for quickly clearing Gmail searches. You may also clear your mobile device’s search history using the Gmail app. When skimming through your messages is too time-consuming, Gmail search maintains note of past inbox queries you’ve done. You can easily find emails based on the sender, the date, the subject line, the message body, and other criteria. If you are an Android user, you should refer to this article. Here’s a step-by-step instruction for clearing your Gmail search history on Android and iPhone.
How to clear Gmail search history in your desktop browser?
- Sign in to your Gmail account on your Mac or PC using a browser.
- Enter a search phrase in the search bar.
- On the right side of the search box, an “X” will appear. Select the “X” button. The phrase has now been removed from your search history.
- In a web browser, navigate to google.com/history.
- Click “Filter by date and product” in the Gmail history box.
- A window will appear. Scroll down to Gmail and tick the box on the right before clicking the “Apply” button in the bottom right.
- You may now search through your Gmail search history by date. To remove your searches in batches, click the trash symbol to the right of each date.
see with screen shot
Gmail allows its user to clear their search history in few steps. If you want to know the proper way to it. Follow the given below step by step guides.
Go to the Search Bar on your Gmail Account.
Type the first letter of the search term that you want to delete.
When the search appears on the Search Bar. Move your mouse over the search as shown in the given screenshot.
As you see, there is an “X” appears on the right side of the search bar. To remove the search from the search suggestion press it.
However, you’ve to clear all search suggestion one by one. Because Gmail doesn’t support bulk clear search history on Gmail. In case, if you’re using Gmail app and want or need to clear its search history then keep reading.
How to clear your Gmail search history using iPhone?
You can delete your Gmail search history on your iPhone by following the instructions shown below.
- To begin, use the Gmail app on your smartphone.
- Then, select Menu.
- Scroll down from the available selections. Select Settings.
- At the top of the next window, tap on your account.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and select Clear search history.
- Select this option to clear your search history across all of your devices.
See with screen shot
Gmail App for iOS devices likely for iPhone has different step by step process for erasing search history compare to the Android app version. But unlike gmail.com it supports clear search feature, Which means you can easily clear your search history in few steps.
Open Gmail app on your iOS device and tap on the left side to open it. Select “Settings”.
Tap on your Email Address it will open a new tab.
At the bottom of your screen, under the privacy section, there is an option “Clear Search History” tap on it to clear Gmail search suggestion.
How to Delete Gmail Search History on Android?
To delete your Gmail search history on Android, follow these instructions.
- To begin, launch the Gmail app on your Android device.
- Then, select Menu (three lines on the left side of your search bar).
- Scroll down from the available selections. Select Settings > General Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the new page, press the three vertical dots in the app’s upper right corner.
- Select Clear search history from the drop-down option.
- “All past searches that you have made will be deleted,” a pop-up notice will show on the screen.
- Clear your Gmail search history by tapping the Clear button.
see with screen shot
Unlike Gmail online application. Gmail app has an option to clear search history, it’s a matter of fact. You can easily erase your Gmail search history in few steps.
Gmail App also save searches and when you enter any word it shows search suggestion on the search bar. It’s really annoying, but the good part is you can also clear them in few taps.
Open Gmail App, on your Android devices such as cell phone or tablet.
Tap on the “Three Lines” given at the left side upper corner. It will open a sidebar list in Gmail app from the list tap on the “Settings”. Now tap on the General Settings.
Now once again tap on the “Three dots” given at the right side upper corner in general settings. The pop-up list will appear on your screen now select “Clear Search History”.
One more pop-up will appears for confirmation. Select “Clear”.
You’ve successfully cleared your Gmail search history from your Gmail android app in few steps.
Check out the video given below to know more!
Delete Gmail Search History Related Searches
- Delete Gmail Search History
- How to delete Gmail search history?
- How to clear Gmail search history?
- How to delete search history in Gmail?
- How to delete search history on Gmail?
- How to clear your Gmail search history using Android and iPhone?