If your favorite game is also Destruction AllStars then there is good news for you. You’ll be glad to know that the folks at Folks at Lucid Games just deployed Destruction AllStars update 3.001, and here’s the full list of patch notes. If you also want to get this patch notes then you have to stay with us till the end. For information, let us tell you that this update improves the UI of the game to make it easier to read and understand. It also removed the character selection carousel and replaced it with a standard grid to facilitate this.
You are ready with data pack and Wi-Fi to download this patch note. For information, let us tell you that the new update is live but there is a server downtime of about 1 hour. We are still not sure about the file size of this update. For more information about Destruction AllStars patch notes for Update 3.001, scroll down this page.
Destruction AllStars Patch Notes: Update 3.001
Here are the official patch notes for Destruction AllStars Update 3.001 that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
It’s patch day for Destruction All Stars and quite a substancial amount of changes are heading your way today.
We’ve implimented a lot of balancing and game related tweaks which will be changing the way everyone plays Destrution All Stars, some subtle and some very obvious.
Please feel free to come back to this reddit thread to leave all sorts of feedback once you’ve had time to play!
When: Deployment begins at 12:00 noon UTC
Size: Aprox 12GB (may slightly vary)
Downtime: Upto 1 hour. Usually much less.Front-end & UI
- The top page of the UI will now be a 3d scene and navigated via an L1/R1 Tab menu.
- The character changes based on your previously used character. If you’re in a party, your party-mates will appear as 3d characters behind you
- AllStar Pass is being removed.
- The UX for Customise is also being switched to a tabs system and will now be navigated with L2/R2.
- The character select carousel is being removed and replaced with a grid.
- Avatars and banners will change to a grid style selection
- Practice has been renamed Training.
- Training is being streamlined. The tutorial level has been simplified, down from 16 steps to 8 and will no longer be compulsory.
- The training section now includes multiple training videos, split into 5 sections
- ON FOOT
- IN VEHICLE
- Arcade and PhotoMode are now combined in their own Tab section accessible with the L2/R2 buttons.
The profile tab has had the following changes.
- The rewards for ranking up are clearer on the progress page.
- There will be base level stats on the progress page.
- The badges page is being slightly adjusted to show more badges.
- We have removed the total XP number and replaced it with XP Remaining to the next level.
New content notification
There is now a more detailed info system in the UI to show when you have unlocked some new content or an unseen challenge.
Orange pips will appear to indicate something has updated in the game, they will show up for the following reasons in the main menu.
- The shop has updated
- A new story mode is available
- An new XP level has been reached
- New unseen challenge
They are cleared by visiting the relevant area in the UI. Less time wondering and searching!
Postgame/rollover is being streamlined so players can get to the next match quicker
- You’ll be able to matchmake straight from the postgame podium screen and won’t have to return to the main menu.
- The mini leaderboard from the match is shown on the podium HUD.
- Challenges are shown on the podium HUD.
- The Podium Art is being updated.
- Ranking-up and unlocked items will only be shown when leaving the queue and returning to the main menu.
Hit Messaging Revision
- Upon hitting and slamming into another player, the UI has been redesigned to give a more impactful feeling and give the player more feedback with the following visual cues.
On a successful hit or slam, small crystals will be seen adding to your point counter with the following colours correlating to the size of your impact.
- Green-light hit
- Orange-medium hit
- Red-heavy hit
- Impacts will now also show a floating number to show the amount of damage inflicted
- Vehicle health is now called out by smoke/fire FX on the vehicle as well as in the UI. The more damaged your car is, the more it catches fire!
Other hud revisions
- Voice comms icon moved to mid right.
- Minimap moved to the top right.
- Remote Damage messaging moved to the Left side of the HUD.
- World Event Messaging on the Right side of the HUD.
- Badges have also been moved to the centre.
Training & Onboarding
-The tutorial/Ignition level is being heavily simplified, down from 16 steps to 8 and will no longer be compulsory.
- Training will also be supplemented by a series of Welcoming Challenges. These sit alongside daily and weekly challenges but there’s a limited number of them.
When all welcoming challenges have been completed, the whole system disappears from the UI.
We wanted to make our selection of training material much more accessible and easier to understand for all players, new and old. (You might learn something new, who knows?!) So, we’ve completely redesigned our training section in-game with in-depth explanations and videos to explain nearly everything you can do whilst playing. These are all broken down into their own relevant sections with multiple videos in each.
Game PlayParty & XP Changes
- There is now an xp bonus for playing in a party. The bonus is set to 20%
- The small grey XP icon in the bottom right of the hud is an indicator of this bonus’ status. It will turn green when you’re in an in-game party.
- Limit changed to 3 players, down from 4.
- Party renamed to AllStars Squad
- Players can party up and enter Solo modes together.
Match XP Bonus
- There will also be a consecutive bonus of 5000 XP, if you queue for another game without going back to the main menu.
Voice comms are being slightly simplified.
- A party will no longer be created for lone players. You’ll have to have an invite accepted to start one.
- The icons for toggling game chat will be standardised across the game
- The icons will be added to the character select and the in-game pause menu
- Will represent the current state of the local players voice comms, if the green icon is showing then they’re in the game chat, if it’s red, they’ve muted game chat.
- If players are in a player session, we’ll grey out the icons.
- Adding a muted icon to signify when players are muted/not in game chat.
The Wreckognition system is being entirely replaced with a new combo system for rewarding skillful play.
Have a look at our previous Dev Update blog for information about Wreckognition and our explanation video here.Gameplay Balancing
- When vehicles are low health, smoke and fire will message the state of the vehicle.
- Levels of smoke and fire will increase as vehicle health gets lower.
- Rebalancing the cameras shake timers to match when slamming.
- Wheel health adjusted to prevent nudges and single hits from causing wheels to come off.
- The amount of shards has been reduced across all maps.
- Pick-up of shards has been locked out when both abilities are fully charged and ready to use and they will appear in a greyed-out state.
On-foot speed and recovery times.
- On-foot character speeds were previously fairly arbitrarily assigned. They are now being normalised around 3 archetypes; Fast, Agile & Tough.
Evade and roll speeds will be tweaked as well, along with the impulses that characters receive from KO’s.
Fast: Alba, Genesis, Lupita, BlueFang, Hana, Angelo, Xander.
Agile: Shyft, BoxTop, Ratu, TwinkleRiot, Jian.
Tough: Ultimo Barricado, Fuego, Harmony, Sgt Rescue.
- Double-jump will no longer be a part of character breakers and will be available at all times.
To support this change, a small amount of changes to platform and shard positioning has been made throughout the game.
Revised character movement effects
- There’s improvements being made to some movement VFX.
All the following moves will now have a large white stylised particle FX associated with them to give more feedback to your movements whilst on-foot.
- Ricochet (3 variants of this depending on angle of wall approach)
- Double Jump
- Vehicle Eject
- Vault Boost
- Landing Boost
- Takeover and wreckover has been considerably simplified. The minigame has been entirely removed as we felt this was more of a lucky guess and heavily in favour of who started hitting the Square or Circle button first by sheer chance.
Players on-foot will be able to initiate a Takeover/Wreckover after a successful evade.
The person being attacked (in the vehicle) will have a chance to repel Takeover/Wreckover attempts by performing a forward slam within a time window to throw the attacking player off.
If they do not slam forward in time, the Takeover/Wreckover option will appear for the attacking player to choose from.
- Removed differences between classes on wall run distances, ledge hang durations and Vehicle interaction radius.
- Adjusted jump speeds for all including vault edge boost.
- Barge recovery has been reduced from 0.85s to 0.5s
- All characters can now double jump without needing to activate their on-foot breaker.
- Removed yellow marker and streamlined system to single red threat when a vehicle is nearby an on-foot player.
- Increased the speed needed to trigger a plant turn to limit the number of character skids at low speeds.
- Genesis will have a sonic boom that will continuously fire and when she is running at top speed the blast effect will be bigger.
- – This boom will blast on-foot opponents out of the way.
- – This boom will damage and push vehicles.
- – Damaging vehicles and knocking down rivals will trigger score events.
- – Top run speed will be reduced.
- Shyft now gets bonus score events when stealthed.
- Messaging will be updated to relay the hit and impact from the mine.
- Speed of mines dropping on the floor increased.
- When Ultimo activates his ability he should not be able to be shaken off even during slams.
- VFX adjusted to better show the blast area of Harmony’s vehicle breaker.
- Force of barge increased by 20%
- Hero vehicle ability cooldown reduced to 10s. (previously 12s)
- Messaging will be updated to relay the hit and impact from their mines.
- Speed of mines dropping to the floor increased.
- Boxmobile’s slam cooldown is now 3.1s without ability active, and 2.5s with ability active
- Added ready lights to character to message ability ready state.
- Increased the size and opacity levels of Sgt Rescue’s smoke.
- Flashbang will no longer trigger on emote.
- Hero vehicle damage increased to x3.0 (previously x2.6)
- Lock-on ability will now only target vehicles.
- Lock-on ability will remain on the vehicle even if the target ejects.
- Lock-on ability target is lost from vehicle if ownership is changed on target. (i.e a successful takeover)
- Increased on-foot breaker damage to vehicles to 20. (previously 10)
- Overhauled VFX system to provide accurate representation of the ability blast range.
- Guards now raise faster, delay of 0.1s added to shredding. This is a visual change only to better show when Bluefang’s vehicle ability is active.
- Hero vehicle ability cooldown reduced to 22s. (previously 25s)
- Hero Vehicle ability forward slam cooldown decreased to 2.5s (previously 2.8s)
- Hero vehicle ability increased to 10s. (previously 8s)
- Hero vehicle ability damage reduced to 30. (previously 50)
- Hero Vehicle ability forward slam reduced to 2.1s / 2s / 1.9s. (Previously 2.3s / 2.1s / 1.9s)
- Hero Vehicle side slam reduced to 2s / 1.9s / 1.8s. (Previously 2s / 2s / 2s set in error)
- Overhauled VFX for in-vehicle breaker to accurately message range of blast and different radius of the blast rings. Range is unchanged.
- Hero vehicle ability reduced to 8s (previously 12s)
- Launching a Story Mode activity while in Photo Mode causes the game to soft lock, and will require a system reboot to solve.
- Completed multiplayer matches may appear as activity cards that have no function.
This was a lot to read and take in, so if you have any questions please leave them down below and if I can help answer them I will.
Hope you will be satisfied with this article. Don’t forget to bookmark our page if you want to read more game updates and news
Disclaimer: The above information is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site.